Thursday, November 8

Cherry on top...

Hi everyone!

This is my first real post. Amazing. I decided to start this blog because I love reading fashion blogs and I want one that encompasses all of my loves into one, easy to read, fun to write, memorable blog.

So here's a little about me:
I'm a college student in New York but I'm from the Washington, DC area. I had another blog called Liya's Muse a while back but decided that since I'm in a new place, I'll start over. I want to have a blog that is exactly what I want to read. One that features fashion, art, music, events in New York and creative ideas. I'm sure I'm not the only girl searching for such a blog.

As far as fashion goes, I really mix things up. Half of the things in my closet are second hand. Back home I was very frugal being that my allowance was $40 a month *cringe*. Now that I'm on my own I can manage my money in different ways. I love thrifting- the adrenaline rush from the search mixed with Grande Caramel Frappuchinos is incomparable. I live and breathe fashion magazines and blogs. I especially love the design process.

My favorite designers are:
Patricia Field
John Galliano
Marc Jacobs
Anna Sui
Alber Elbaz
Doo-Ri Chung
Karl Lagerfeld
Alexander McQueen
Vivienne Westwood
Jeffery Scott
Donatella Versace
Azzedine Alaia
Emanuel Ungaro
Nina Ricci
Nanette Lepore
Carolina Herrera
Cristóbal Balenciaga

Besides that, music plays a big part in my life.
Bands I'm loving right now:

The Kooks
The Klaxons
Backyard Band
Goldfrapp
CCB
Family Force Five
A Fine Frenzy
Korn
Rilo Kiley
The Roots
Spinto Band
The Strokes

Every single post will have a soundtrack of the day. Since I woke up amazingly early I have lots of songs...

Victory- Tye Tribbett
Apologize- Kanye West
The Night Is Young- Van Hunt
Backseat Action- T-Pain
Ice Cream Girl- Wale Feat. TCB




If you have any topic ideas, just drop me a note. My comment box is always open...

-CD

No comments: