Friday, July 4


I'm on my way to a cookout and fireworks celebration in a few minutes and I was just thinking about how it's at the same place I celebrated the 4th last year and with the same people.  This year the circumstances are somewhat different, but eerily the same.  

Last year I was still debating which school I would attend in the fall, I'm doing the same thing again this year.  The only thing is that has changed is me.  I am different.  I've learned so much and am compelled to share the lessons that I've learned with you all.  And even if you only take one of these lessons to heart, I hope that you pass it on.

  1. When someone shows you who they really are- believe them.  Liars will continue to lie, cheaters to cheat and thieves to steal.  You cannot change them.  I promise, it won't work.
  2. The people in your life that you feel are slowing you down really are.  You're not imagining it.  It's not selfish to let go.  Even if that means being by yourself for a little while.  Remember, "Warriors Walk Alone"?
  3. Everything, good or bad, really does happen for a reason and it will affect your life.  Make positive decisions and the good will come back to you.  Negative decisions will have consequences, even if you don't see them yet.
  4. It becomes so hard to remember a lie.  So tell the truth.
  5. Living a life that floats paycheck to paycheck is not a life worth living.  Prepare for your future by living beneath your means, saving for your future goals, and make your money work for you.
I hope that you remember this Independence Day next year and take a second to consider your growth.

With love,
-CD

No comments: